Online Copyright Registration in India

Protect your creative work
Books, Songs, film, websites, Software, painting, fashion Design etc
Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
  Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 8851046564

Author Topic: Hindu succession Act amendment  (Read 216 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline nirmeshk

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 1
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Hindu succession Act amendment
« on: October 05, 2018, 07:45:05 PM »
My house belong to my Grandfather. He died in 1987. He had 3 sons and 3 daughters.  There was no division of property done by Grandfather.  We want to sell the house.

Supreme Court amended  Hindu succession act of 1956 on Sept. 9 2004, stating that daughters in the family will have no rights on ancestral property if father has died before 2004.
We are a Hindu family. I want to know, if my grandfather has not done any division of property during his lifetime, and till date, no division has been done, will this impact rights of daughters ? No new registry of house has been done after my grandfather's death. Will the daughter have rights on property or not  ? Also, whether this ruling of supreme court is applicable on Joint Hindu Family/Undivided family or on all ? Please provide me situations where this ruling is not applicable, even when owner died prior to 2004.

Offline kalaskarkk

  • Veteran at Law
  • *****
  • Posts: 406
  • Karma: +4/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Re: Hindu succession Act amendment
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2018, 11:22:25 PM »
Dear Sir,

Without seeing all the concerned records it is very difficult to advise you so please contact any expert advocate and get valid legal advice.

Kishan Dutt Kalaskar
Retd Judge and Advocate
No.74, 1st Floor, “Disley”  House,
Malleswaram, Bengaluru-560003.
Mob: 9686971935, 080-23461189
Call me for clarification

Free legal Advice - lawyers Forum


File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

lawyers in Milan

Delhi - New Delhi
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration
Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi
-Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) © 2000-2018
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India