Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
  Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 8851046564

Author Topic: Adoption and Family matters  (Read 76 times)

Offline niharikachanda

• Newlaw
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Adoption and Family matters
« on: November 18, 2018, 05:07:52 PM »
We are 3 daughters, am the elder one. My parents adopted my son through registered adoption deed in 2010 who crossed 15 years now. My father was a retired Govt Employee and expired in 2015. since then, my mother is receiving pension, presently it is Rs. 30000 pm. All the 7 properties are his hard earned properties. 1 property is on my son name immediately after adoption. 3 are on my mother name who is a house wife. 1 is on my younger sister bought in 2003 when she was a minor. till the demise of my father, my parents were taken care of adopted son's maintenance. since my father demise, my mother  refused to take care of his maintenance. my son is with us now. recently in Sep. 2018, my mother transferred 2 properties which are on her name to my both sister's daughters one each through a Gift deed. Now my two sisters changed her mind and now they are trying to transfer all the properties. My mother has also recently registered a WILL, the contents we dont know. My father left a paper with his own hand writing stating 5 properties should belongs to adopted son and one each to my sisters.
My queries are:
1. As per my knowledge, legal heirs are 5, i.e. my mother, 3 daughters and adopted son. is it correct?
2. Can i take any legal steps for my son's maintenance from my mother? like direction from court for maintenance from her pension etc.
3. Can I take any legal steps for share for me and adopted son in 2 properties which were already transferred?
4. Do I have any recourse to prevent my mother to sell/transfer remaining properties.
5. Do my mother has the right to sell/transfer OR write WILL on the properties earned by my father without considering the legal heirs.
6. My mother is claiming that she is only the legal heir as wife of the demised and owner of all properties and she can transfer/ sell them to any body with out the consent of 3 daughters and adopted son. is this maintainable in the court of law as none of the property was earned by her.
Point wise reply with relevant legal provisions will be highly solicited.

Offline kalaskarkk

• Veteran at Law
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Re: Adoption and Family matters
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2018, 01:07:20 AM »
Dear Sir,

My answers are as follows:

1. As per my knowledge, legal heirs are 5, i.e. my mother, 3 daughters and adopted son. is it correct?
Ans: Yes.

2. Can i take any legal steps for my son's maintenance from my mother? like direction from court for maintenance from her pension etc.
Ans: Yes, even you can claim directly partition on behalf of adopted son.

3. Can I take any legal steps for share for me and adopted son in 2 properties which were already transferred?
Ans: Yes, you can take steps even in respect of two properties.

4. Do I have any recourse to prevent my mother to sell/transfer remaining properties.
Ans: Yes, when you file partition suit, ask your advocate to file interim application restraining your mother from executing any document in respect of remaining properties.

5. Do my mother has the right to sell/transfer OR write WILL on the properties earned by my father without considering the legal heirs.
Ans: After the death of her husband, your mother entitled for one share towards her livelihood and she cannot sell the properties or execute the Will as she is not the absolute owner of properties of your father.

6. My mother is claiming that she is only the legal heir as wife of the demised and owner of all properties and she can transfer/ sell them to any body with out the consent of 3 daughters and adopted son. is this maintainable in the court of law as none of the property was earned by her.
Ans: No, all of you entitle for a share.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2018, 02:51:58 AM by admin »
Regards:

Kishan Dutt Kalaskar
Retd Judge and Advocate
No.74, 1st Floor, “Disley”  House,
Malleswaram, Bengaluru-560003.
Mob: 9686971935, 080-23461189
kalaskarnetra@gmail.com
Call me for clarification

Free legal Advice - lawyers Forum

File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
Bangalore
Pune
Pondicherry
Jaipur
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
Chennai
Allahabad
Ahmedabad
Jodhpur
Indore
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

Cochin
Lucknow
Ranchi
Thane
Janjgir
lawyers in Milan
Johannesburg

Delhi - New Delhi
Chandigarh
Surat
Nashik
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
Kolkata
Hyderabad
Rajkot
Nagpur
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration
Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi
-Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service India.com is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) © 2000-2018
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India