Online Copyright Registration in India

Protect your creative work
Books, Songs, film, websites, Software, painting, fashion Design etc
Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
  Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 8851046564

Author Topic: How to avoid paying alimony  (Read 446 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline rkr.mech

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 1
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
How to avoid paying alimony
« on: December 06, 2018, 11:06:08 PM »
My brother-in-law was married during 2014. Within a week after marriage, he came to know that his wife in mentally unstable. (Psychiatric). This fact was totally hidden by the Girl's family to the boy's family before marriage. She cannot even wash her own clothes. She had spoken hardly 10 words a day. Within 10 days after marriage, Husband's family decided and both were separated. Before going legally, both family members discussed about separation and Wife side family accepted for separation and taken her back home. Soon after they started demanding the compensation for the money they spent for marriage etc.

Because of their repeated attempts to threaten husband for money, Husband filed divorce application within 6 months of marriage. after 6 months cooling period, and 6 months case, Divorce was finally granted. during 2016.

Last year they (wife's parent) filed case (as filed by wife) again requesting alimony. Husband appeared promptly and provided medical proof about wife's mental problems. Even then, the judgement was in favor of wife.

Husband is a not-so-educated taxi driver and earning hardly 1 lakh per year. Wife is uneducated, unemployed.

Alimony granted by court is 3000 per month. Granted on Dec 2018 (this month)

How can this husband refuse to pay Alimony?

Offline advgaurav.sharma

  • Sr. Legal Expert
  • ****
  • Posts: 125
  • Karma: +3/-1
  • Advocate Gaurav is a specialist in Trademark laws
    • View Profile
Re: How to avoid paying alimony
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2018, 10:48:34 PM »
when court has passed an order you have to abid by it. there is no way out else it will be contempt of court.  repeated failure to comply with court order may anger the judge he may pass a jail sentence. thats the maximum the court can do.

the best solution is challenge the lower court order in higher court till than you can get a stay on the lower court order.
Advocate Gaurav is a specialist in Trademark laws

Offline kalaskarkk

  • Veteran at Law
  • *****
  • Posts: 421
  • Karma: +4/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Re: How to avoid paying alimony
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2018, 12:19:40 AM »
Dear Sir,

Put criminal case against her parents for cheating your brother-in-law for not disclosing heath issues and approach higher Court and get stay in respect of monthly maintenance.

Kishan Dutt Kalaskar
Retd Judge and Advocate
No.74, 1st Floor, “Disley”  House,
Malleswaram, Bengaluru-560003.
Mob: 9686971935, 080-23461189
Call me for clarification

Free legal Advice - lawyers Forum


File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

lawyers in Milan

Delhi - New Delhi
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration
Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi
-Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) © 2000-2018
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India