Online Copyright Registration in India

Protect your creative work
Books, Songs, film, websites, Software, painting, fashion Design etc
Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 8851046564

Author Topic: Do women married to NRI men get help abroad in matters of harassment and torture  (Read 375 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline pritha12

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 6
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Do women married to NRI men who are suffering due to harassment and torture by their husbands and in-laws get any support from the Government of India

Offline adv.Tarun

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 2
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Government of India Through its Foreign Missions abroad provide financial and legal assistance to distressed women married to NRI spouses by all Missions and Posts, the Indian Community Welfare Fund (ICWF) Guidelines were revised in September, 2017. The amount of legal & financial assistance to distressed Indian women has also been increased to US$ 4000 per case.

These Indian Mission receives complaints which pertain to:
(i) Harassment and ill treatment by the husband and his family;
(ii) Loss of communication with the spouse after he goes abroad;
(iii) Request for assistance in serving judicial summons for court proceedings in India
(iv) Assistance in obtaining maintenance and child Support from the spouse;
(v) Request for impounding or revoking passport of overseas Indian spouse;
(vi) Request for extradition, deportation of spouse to India; and
(vii) Child custody issues.

If you all under any of these category you can avail free legal assistance.

Offline advjaibansal

  • Veteran at Law
  • *****
  • Posts: 902
  • Karma: +25/-20
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
yes, they certainly get support. You can file the complaint online on the portal of national commission of women. Or you can file a police complaint in the concerned police station through email or through your family members. or you can also file complaint in the crime against women cell online or through someone.

jai bansal
Advocate, New Delhi
Supreme Court of India
mobile: 09868566649


File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

lawyers in Milan

Delhi - New Delhi
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration
Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi
-Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2018
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India